TGEU Notice of Vacancy: Project Manager ProTrans project
Closing date: December 11, 2013 noon CET
Only applications sent by e-mail to director (at) tgeu.org before December 11, 2013 noon CET will be considered.
Transgender Europe is looking for a part time (50%) Project Manager for TGEU's ProTrans project “Protecting trans victims of violence in Eastern Europe”.
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is a European non-profit, non-governmental umbrella organisation working for the full equality and inclusion of all trans people in Europe. The network includes trans and other organisations that support or work for the rights of transgender/ transsexual/ gender variant people across Europe. The mission of TGEU is to support and strengthen the trans movement and to be a powerful lobby and advocacy organisation for trans rights in Europe and beyond.
The ProTrans project is a US funded project that seeks to monitor incidences of violence against trans people and support trans survivors of violence in five Eastern European countries as well as to develop advocacy material for the national and Euroean level (you'll find more information here: www.tgeu.org/ProTrans).
The vacancy is for a Project Manager position who will implement TGEU's “ProTrans” project. The Project Manager will directly report to the Executive Director of TGEU.
- A 50% (20h per week) position starting on January 20, 2014 for an initial period of 20 months (until September 30, 2015) with a possibility to prolong the position if funding permits
- A motivated team that will allow you to implement own ideas
- The possibility to work for Europe’s leading trans* human rights NGO
- Working and networking with 5 partner organisations in Eastern and South Eastern Europe
- Salary between 18.000 and 20.500€ per annum depending on experience and skills
- Relocation support to Berlin
Key responsibilities are
- the management and implementation of TGEU's ProTrans project
- to work with the projects partner organisations in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe
- to develop a monitoring system to monitor incidences of violence and to develop suitable documentation
- to develop, organize and implement trainings for the project partners on monitoring violence and victims support
- analyse the data collected and develop advocacy material
- management of project finances
- secure further funding for TGEU's present and future work on hate crime and violence
Desired profile of the applicant
You should have a strong interest and expertise in activism regarding trans human rights and demonstrated record in human rights work, project management and victim support. You should as well have a high commitment to the aims of TGEU.
- Experience in research, data collection or monitoring, preferably including development of new monitoring systems
- Experience in holding trainings or in or lecturing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in project management
- Ability to comprehend and partake in complex working processes
- High frustration tolerance and ability to work under emotional pressure (hate crime data!)
- Familiarity with intercultural and international approaches
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to travel abroad
- Experience in working with and for NGOs
- Experience with trans activism
- Experience in working as a volunteer/with volunteers
- Verbal and written communication skills in at least one other European language preferably an Eastern European language
Your application should include a letter of motivation and a CV. Please do not send copies of degrees and certificates. You will be asked to provide this at a later stage in the process.
Job interviews will be done via skype.
Please send your application until December 11th 2013 noon CET to director (at) tgeu.org